June 5, 2008
McCracken County Sheriff and United States Marshals Partner for Major Warrant Roundup in McCracken County
A major warrant round-up has been underway in McCracken County this week. The operation was the result of a request for assistance made to the United States Marshals Service by McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden.
The sheriff's department had been planning on having a concentrated effort in serving a backlog of warrants since early spring of this year. The sheriff's department serve arrest warrants year-round, but it sometimes becomes difficult to stay caught up, do to all of the other duties and responsibilities deputies have. "I feel very good about the year round effort we make to stay caught up on serving these warrants, but will never miss an opportunity to gain the assistance of other law enforcement agencies, state or federal. I think that it is a good thing for law enforcement agencies to pool their resources."
"We play an integral part and role in the criminal justice system. One of our many roles is to see that arrest warrants are served. If they are not, the system fails."
Sheriff's in Kentucky are responsible for the tax collection and distribution of tax monies, serving all of the court subpoena's, civil process, arrest warrants, providing security for all of the county courtrooms which at times, all five judges are holding court, conducting all vehicle inspections, issuing the states carrying concealed deadly weapon licenses, participate in and oversee all elections, investigate all traffic accidents in the county, patrol the roads and enforce all traffic laws, investigate crimes against persons, property, and all drug crimes, teach and administer the counties D.A.R.E programs, and many other duties. "For a county with a population of about 65,000 people and only about 45 employees, we stay very busy."
Teams consisting of U.S. Marshals (and members of their fugitive task force) teamed up with McCracken Sheriff's Deputies, and McCracken County Deputy Jailers, as well deputies from the McCracken County Coroners Office for 3 days beginning at 5:00AM Tuesday morning, 24 hours a day serving outstanding warrants from McCracken County Courts, as well as warrants from other counties and states that had been sent here to be served. The warrants ranged from drug crimes, sex crimes, thefts, traffic offenses, fugitives from other jurisdictions in and out of state, parole violations, to contempt of court warrants issued by area judges for people failing to appear in court, pay fines, or other violations.
"Officers involved in the round-up worked very well together and all were very dedicated." The U.S. Marshals that assisted us here during this operation were some of the most professional law enforcement officers I have ever worked with. They also have alot of resources available to them that helps in locating fugitives."
"Some of my staff here have been working very hard for weeks planning the operation, doing alot of investigation to aid in locating some of the hard to find people, people that have been hiding."
The U.S. Marshals Service have a history of aiding local law enforcement officers in the apprehension of fugitives and have named operations such as this one Operation Falcon (FEDERAL AND LOCAL COPS ORGANIZED NATIONALLY).
This operation has been very successful and have cleared up many of the warrants on file. As of noon Thursday, there have been 82 people located and arrested. All transported to the McCracken County Regional jail by transport teams consisting of Deputy Sheriff's and Deputy Jailers, and 142 arrest warrants served.
Updated numbers: 89 persons arrested, 149 warrants served. Approx 500 warrants attempted.................
NAME LOCATION ARRESTED CHARGES
1) Karla Nunly 140 Tralee Drive Paducah Failure to Report to Jail
2) James Schmidt 200 Strathmoor Dr. Paducah Failure to have on-site sewer
3) James Brown 1210 N. 14th St. Paducah Contempt / Sexual Abuse 3rd Degree
4) Teresa Armour 1910 Clay St. Paducah Contempt of Court
5) Jeff Nutt 3217 Jack Gray Dr. Paducah Theft by Deception X 3
6) Amanda York 542 Lakeview Dr. Paducah Contempt of Court
7) Nicholas Reyes 2507 Clark St. Paducah Contempt of Court
8) Kimberly Peck 2511 Lauran Ln. Kevil Theft by Deception
9) Michael Allen 307 Herman Ave. Paducah Contempt of Court X 2
10) Dana Humphrey 2707 Clay St. Paducah Theft by Deception
11) Adam Brooks 6550 Mayf-Metropolis Rd. West Paducah Theft by Unlawful Taking
12) Amy Winn 315 Windmere Dr. Lone Oak Theft by Deception X 2
13) Paul Tucker 6340 Bobo Road West Paducah Contempt of Court / Flagrant Non-Support
14) Jeremy Holt 1466 Bechtold Rd. Paducah Contempt of Court
15) Angenette Hamilton 4235 Cairo Rd. Paducah Contempt of Court
16) James Collins Budget Inn Motel Contempt of Court
17) Nancy Forrester McCracken Co. Jail Falsey Reporting an Incident
18) Daron Dupriest McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
19) Michael Paschall McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
20) Dale Brewer McCracken Co. Jail Theft by Deception
21) Henry Dhaillecourt 9450 Old Hinkleville Rd. Paducah Contempt of Court
22) Jessica Wilson 509 Oaks Road Paducah Fugitive from another state
23) Andrew Gewe Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court X 2
24) Scott Lamberger 1124 Freidman Lane Paducah Contempt of Court / Fugitive from another State X 2
25) Jonathan Richardson 134 Arizona St. Paducah Assault 4th Degree
26) Diane Smith 5750 Houser Rd. Paducah No Insurance
27) Danny Merriel 2200 Bridge St. Paducah Flagrant Non-Support
28) Aaron Jones McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
29) Brandon Walter 154 Sheehan Bridge Rd. Reidland Poss MJ, Poss Drug Para, Tampering with Evid, Cont of CT
30) Jennifer Karnes 2565 Husbands Rd. Paducah Contempt of Court X 3
31) Lana Phelps 4963 Barlow Rd. Ballard County Poss Cont Sub, Poss Drug Para / Warrant from Jefferson Co.
32) Crystal Moore 215 Calvert Dr. Reidland Theft by Deception
33) Baron Robertson 4228 Clinton Rd. Lone Oak Contempt of Court
34) Andrea Humphrey 120 Rac-Mer Court Reidland Theft by Deception X 10 (Bad Checks)
35) Michael Sims 560 Palisades Ct. Lone Oak Contempt of Court
36) Glenn McKendree 131 Hoover St. Reidland Theft by Deception X 2
37) Shirley McBride 201 Terre Mont Dr. Lone Oak Theft by Deception
38) Johna Griffen 2170 Hummingbird Lane Paducah Contempt of Court
39) OMar Manthey 709 North 7th St. Paducah Contempt of Court / Poss of Marijuana
40) Peggy Carpenter 3500 Old Mayfield Rd Paducah Contempt of Court
41) Vickie Potts 4925 Epperson Road Reidland False Statement to Receive Benefits
42) Kirk Vowell 815 Massac Church Rd. Paducah Theft by Deception X 2
43) Jeffrey Slaughter 5220 Hendron Road (Hendron area) Contempt of Court / Poss of Marijuana
44) Heather Johnston 5220 Hendron Rd. Criminal Littering, Poss Marijuana
45) Josh Sweeney 5220 Hendron Rd. Poss of Marijuana, Poss Drug Paraphernalia
46) Scott Sweeney 5220 Hendron Rd. Poss of Marijuana, Poss Drug Paraphernalia
47) Dawn Cruse 934 North 24th St. Paducah Contempt of Court
48) Floyd Vasquez McCracken Co. Jail Parole Violation / Contempt of Court
49) Derrell Sullivan 4930 New Liberty Ch. Rd. Kevil Contempt of Court from Oldham County
50) Michelle Hughes McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
51) Sarah McGregor Sheriff's Dept. No Insurance
52) Rebecca Estes McCracken Co. Jail Theft by Deception
53) Lana Phelps McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
54) Vickie House 4911 I.C. Ave Reidland Theft by Deception X 13
55) David L. Janseen 2630 Clarkline Road Lone Oak Contempt of Court
56) Jason Adams McCracken Co. Jail Fugitive from another state
57) Amanda Hall James Sanders Blvd Paducah Theft by Deception X 13
58) Tina Faughn Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
59) Dianna Hancock Royal Inn Motel Paducah Fugitive from another state
60) Michael Shinn Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court X 2
61) Reynaldo Gonzales Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
62) Joseph Russell 6905 Benton Rd. Reidland Fugitive from another state X 2
63) Jeran Simmons 241 Deerlick Place Paducah Contempt of Court
64) Jonathan Smith McCracken Co. Jail Failure to Appear, Theft by Deception
65) Darrell Keeling 5120 Hinkleville Rd. Paducah Theft by Deception X 3, Contemt of Court
66) James Sanders 5017 Hinkleville Rd. Paducah Contempt of Court
67) Ervin Drebon 755 Cruse Ave. Paducah Theft by Deception
68) Billy Housden 2650 John Puryear Hwy Paducah Violation of Conditional Discharge
69) Dwain Blackman 2160 South Friendship Lone Oak Theft by Deception Over $300
70) Steven Barnette McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
71) Patricia Estes Randy Lane Paducah Contempt of Court
72) Randi Hale Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
73) Rafael Mercado Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
74) Garry Ward Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
75) Ellen Boggs 5470 Stevin Dr. Paducah Contempt of Court
76) Yolanda Mangrum 1530 Lone Oak Rd. Paducah Theft by Deception
77) Melinda Cooper 5006 Hinkleville Rd. Paducah Flagrant Non-Support
78) Jeffery Poindexter Sheriff's Dept. Resisting Arrest
79) Decovan Bell 2205 Eulah St. Paducah Contempt of Court X 2
80) Cory Quinn Sheriff's Dept. Violation of Probation
81) Michael Patterson McCracken Co. Jail Contempt of Court
82) Ronald Waddell Sheriff's Dept. Contempt of Court
This was prepared at about 1:30PM on Thursday June 05. These numbers are accurate to date, but will increase up to 4:00PM when the detail will stop.
Any news media interested, myself and a representative from the U.S. Marshals Service will be available in my office at 4:00PM this date to answer any questions. Jailer Bill Adams will also be present.
End of Release
Sheriff Jon Hayden
McCracken Co. Sheriff's Department