Carry & Conceal Deadly Weapons

Effective July 1, 2019... Concealed Carry without License:

The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that allows people to carry concealed firearms without a permit or training.

Kentucky law previously required people to get a permit before carrying a concealed firearm. That process includes a background check, gun safety training and $60 fee.

With the passing of Senate Bill 150, it removes the permit requirement for anyone who's at least 21 years old and meets other legal rules for owning a gun.

Getting a concealed carry permit is still available under the new law but will no longer be mandatory after July 1, 2019.

As of July 12, 2006 , in accordance with House Bill 290 and the changes it made to KRS 237.110, anyone applying for a CCDW license or renewal must be a citizen of the United States. Therefore, applicants will need to fill out and sign a Citizenship Affidavit declaring citizenship to the United States , which will be attached to the application.
Another change that was made to KRS 237.110 states that of the $60 application fee, $40 of it must be a check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer, and any application submitted to the KSP that does not have the $40 fee with it will be returned unprocessed. The remaining $20, (of the $60 application fee), can be cash, check or money order made out to the McCracken County Sheriff's Office. For more on House Bill 290, click the following link: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/06RS/HB290/bill.doc

What Credentials Do You Need To Bring?

CCDW Application Fee
$40.00 - Application Fee (check or money order made payable to Kentucky State Treasurer)
$20.00 - Application Fee (cash, check or money order to the Sheriff's Office)
$60.00 - TOTAL (Add $5.00 if we take your photo)

For more information and to obtain a listing of Certified Instructors in your County, go to DOCJT's 
"Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons License Training" web page.

Click Here for McCracken County CCDW Instructor List.

For more information, visit the Kentucky State Police web site: https://kspportal.ky.gov/CCDW/Public/Login.aspx

Change of Personal Information

If you need to change personal information such as an address change you can obtain a form at the sheriff's office. We will forward that information to the Kentucky State Police. There is no charge to submit a change of personal information.

The Kentucky State Police will use the same picture from your current permit and produce a new card with the changed information on it.

They will send the card to us and send you a Flash Pak when it is done indicating you can pick up your new card at our Office.

Please bring your old card along.